A new year brings new kitchen design favorites among homeowners and the design industry. While some carried over from 2013, there’s plenty of new elements that people are excited to incorporate into their kitchens in 2014. Here are the kitchen trends that the award-winning Normandy Remodeling Design Team anticipates to be popular this year:
1. Engineered stone countertops; they doesn’t chip or stain like granite and the other natural stones can, and are gaining popularity in homes with children.
2. Open Concepts; homeowners want to create a space that allows more people to gather in and around the kitchen instead of compartmentalized areas.
3. Gray; whether it’s gray stained cabinetry or gray painted walls, gray is definitely the new beige.
4. Stainless steel hoods with beautiful backsplashes as a backdrop; instead of just the hood being a focal point, it allows the whole area to become a focal point.
5. Open shelving; it draws the eye upward and breaks up a space that’s heavy with cabinetry.
6. Glass tile backsplash; it adds beautiful texture to a kitchen and isn’t found in every kitchen you walk into.
7. Large islands with seating; as the kitchen becomes more of an entertaining space, homeowners like to incorporate seating around the island to make the kitchen even more inviting for guests.
8. Prep sinks in addition to main sinks; this is ideal for families who typically have two cooks in the kitchen, allowing both people to work without bumping into one another.
9. Beverage centers; they help the traffic flow in a kitchen, especially while entertaining.
10. Quality products; people want to remodel their kitchen with quality materials and products that won’t need repairs or replacing in a few years.
About Normandy Remodeling
Normandy Remodeling is a Design/Build remodeling firm that develops plans and designs and then executes those plans to create a single point of contact for a homeowner’s remodeling project. Normandy Remodeling has been providing award winning kitchens, baths, renovations and additions to Chicago area clients for nearly 35 years. Normandy is known for great service, high ethical standards, and exceptional quality of work. Their dedication to their clients has previously earned them the title of Remodeler of the Year by Professional Remodeler Magazine, as well as the distinction of GuildQuality Guildmaster Award from 2008 through 2012. Centrally located in Hinsdale, Normandy Remodeling services the entire Chicago Metro area. Normandy’s headquarters also features an 8,000 sq ft showroom that allows prospective clients to learn more about the renovation process and makes the selections process for existing clients quick and convenient. More information is available at http://www.NormandyRemodeling.com
Source : http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/community/chi-ugc-article-top-10-kitchen-design-trends-for-2014-2014-01-14-story.html