Washington, D.C., April 19, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The American Institute of Architects (AIA) Committee on the Environment (COTE) is announcing this year’s recipients for its highest honor—the COTE Top Ten Awards.
COTE bestows the award annually on 10 design projects that have expertly integrated design excellence with cutting-edge performance in several key areas. In order to be eligible, project submissions are required to demonstrate alignment with COTE’s rigorous criteria for 10 measures that include social, economic, and ecological values. The five-member jury evaluates each project submission based on a cross-section of the 10 metrics balanced with the holistic approach to the design. This year’s Top Ten Awards recipients are as follows:
• Albion District Library; Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Perkins+Will
• Georgia Tech Engineered Biosystems Building; Atlanta, Georgia | Lake|Flato in collaboration with Cooper Carry
• Mundo Verde at Cook Campus; Washington | Studio Twenty Seven Architecture
• Nancy and Stephen Grand Family House; San Francisco | Leddy Maytum Stacy Architects
• New United States Courthouse - Los Angeles; Los Angeles | Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
• The Renwick Gallery of the Smithsonian American Art Museum; Washington | DLR Group
• San Francisco Art Institute - Fort Mason Center Pier 2; San Francisco | Leddy Maytum Stacy Architects
• Sawmill; Tehachapi, California | Olson Kundig
• Sonoma Academy’s Janet Durgin Guild & Commons; Santa Rosa, California | WRNS Studio
Jurors also designated one project as a Top Ten Plus recipient for its exceptional post-occupancy performance data. This year's recipient is:
• Ortlieb's Bottling House; Philadelphia | KieranTimberlake
>Complete details for each project are available on AIA’s website. Award recipients will be honored in June at the AIA’s Conference on Architecture in New York City. High resolution images are available upon request.
About The American Institute of Architects (AIA)
Founded in 1857, AIA consistently works to create more valuable, healthy, secure, and sustainable buildings, neighborhoods, and communities. Through more than 200 international, state, and local chapters, AIA advocates for public policies that promote economic vitality and public wellbeing. Members adhere to a code of ethics and conduct to ensure the highest professional standards. AIA provides members with tools and resources to assist them in their careers and business. In addition, the Institute engages civic and government leaders and the public to find solutions to pressing issues facing our communities, institutions, nation, and world.
Source : https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2018/04/19/1482054/0/en/AIA-Honors-Exceptional-Designs-with-its-COTE-Top-Ten-Awards.html