CloseImage 1 of 1 East-West Furniture, a New England-founded online furniture distributor, will move its headquarters to 175 Southbelt Industrial Drive. East-West Furniture, a New England-founded online furniture distributor, will move its headquarters to 175 Southbelt Industrial Drive. Photo: NAI Partners Online furniture distributor to move HQ to Houston 1 / 1 Back to Gallery
After a year-long search, East-West Furniture has acquired a facility in Houston for relocation of its headquarters from New England, NAI Partners said. The privately owned online furniture importer and distribution company is based in the Boston area.
TTD Houston Realty, a subsidiary of East-West Furniture, has purchased a two-building industrial distribution facility totaling 172,848 square feet at 175 Southbelt Industrial Drive. The property, on 8 acres, is south of Beltway 8 near Almeda Road.
Latest Business News
- Amazon launches delivery service to the trunk of your car Fox2Detroit
- Amazon begins delivery to cars KTVU
- Nicki Minaj Announces Tour, Teases SNL Performance Wibbitz
- Amazon Announces New Service That Will Deliver Packages to Your Car Wibbitz
- Poll: Facebook Scandal Changes Social Media Use Associated Press
- Local father remembers daughter who died from heroin overdose Fox29
- 2019 Corvette ZR1 Top Speed Verification Testing RoadAndTrack
- Disney aiming to fill thousands of positions Fox29
- TODAY'S FORECAST: Partly sunny, low clouds, cooler KTVU
- Disney: No more plastic bags Fox35 Orlando
"As an ecommerce-driven online furniture distribution company, East-West Furniture sought to relocate from New England to Houston to take advantage of the Houston area's expanding Amazon presence and our overall business climate," NAI Partners' Clay Pritchett said in an announcement.
"Additionally, we ran into a very competitive market in Houston for distribution facilities that made the acquisition quite challenging, and spent more than a year aggressively searching the greater Houston market for a suitable distribution facility to purchase before finally acquiring the subject property."
Derek Russell and Larry Gray of Oxford Partners represented the seller, Clark-Elliott.
An estimated 15 to 20 people will work at the new location, Pritchett said.
Source : https://www.chron.com/business/real-estate/article/Online-furniture-distributor-to-move-HQ-to-Houston-12857858.php